Saturday, September 3, 2011

You're gonna miss this

So, I'm driving home from work one night and I hear this song. It's a song that makes me realize there are priorities in life. Priorities that you must make, where you must make a choice.  Because, for people like me, who try to fit every possible social event on the calendar, who try to clean way too much, and who try to extend themselves way past their own limitations, priorities must be set.  The point of all my rambling is this: my family is my priority (well, second to Him). Work is not my priority, and as stressful as it's been, there's so much to say for that when it's constantly trying to make itself my priority, against my say so! Simply not fair. 

Anywhoo! I bet you're wondering the song, right? Maybe not, well I'm gonna tell you anyways. And as I tell you, you might even think, hasn't she written about this before? The answer: probably!  But I guess that's because this topic is on my heart all the time. And honestly, I think it is on a lot of mom's hearts a lot of the time. Do I take precious time away from my kiddos to clean or prepare fancy meals (the latter, of which I never do!) Or do I spend that time snuggling with a sweet smelling toddler, who amazes me?  Do I take the time that's given to me in the form of kids napping quietly and start marking things off of a never-ending list or do I catch up on much-needed rest that I never seem to get enough of? Sadly, I dont have the answer to these questions, and if I did I would definitely be marketing a book or a seminar or something to help all the people out there who struggle with the same questions. But I do know you have to make choices, you have to make priorities.  And sometimes you hear a song that makes you realize your priorities.

Take time to listen to this, it'll be a good thing
Trace Adkins, You're Gonna Miss This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBDN8yWyNYU&ob=av2e

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast

these are some good times
so take a good look around
you may not know it now
but your gonna miss this





No comments:

Post a Comment